Online Booking & Distribution - Gladstone (DR)
- Wed 25th Mar 2020, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Gladstone Central QLD 4680
- Book Tickets
This workshop will cover the following topics:
• Customers purchase behaviours
• Fundamentals of creating a distribution strategy
• Introduction to working with distributors
• Choosing the best online booking solutions
• Optimising your website for direct business
*Please note that should minimum attendee numbers not be met, event dates maybe subject to change*
TOURISM INDUSTRY BUSINESS CAPABILITY PROGRAM (TIBCP)
- Digital innovation is transforming the way we work, live and travel.
- Queensland is well positioned to become a global leader in digital capabilities.
- Queensland tourism operators with strong digital capability can leverage existing and emerging technologies to develop a skilled workforce and create enhanced visitor experiences.
- The Queensland Government encourages the tourism industry to be active participants in their digital transformation and to reap the benefits of enhanced capability, improved efficiency and increased productivity in their workplace.
- Technology will infiltrate the entire tourism ecosystem, impacting every aspect of the visitor journey.
- The popularity of smartphones has led to an increased consumer expectation of business digital literacy, including functional websites, automated online booking systems and integrated social media channels.
- Tourism operators are increasingly looking to social media to gather visitor insights and tailor customer experiences.
Businesses must be eligible for assessment in the Best of Queensland Experiences Program (BoQE) to participate in year 2 of the Queensland Tourism Industry Business Capability Program. Micro, small and medium businesses across all sectors of the tourism industry are encouraged to participate.
A tourism business is defined as a business that provides a direct service or experience to the leisure tourist and operates within ONE of the following categories:
- Food and Drink
- General Service